Your VSB customers that are still open have learned the importance of business continuity from the current crisis. Disaster can hit at any time, and being able to continue running as usual is the only way to stay afloat.
Unfortunately, without expert guidance, some VSBs may be heading down a path that could set them up for failure should another disruptive event occur. Now is a good time for you to reintroduce yourself to any customers you’ve lost touch with or even reach out to brand new clients. MSPs have an opportunity to explain how your services will keep VSBs online – and their doors open – in any situation.
How Cloud-Based Voice Enables Business Continuity
The ability to continue seamless communication through a disaster is non-negotiable for VSBs. Some, however, incorrectly assume everything will be okay if their staff simply use their mobile phones when the office communication system goes down or employees have to work from home.
Mobile phone usage creates security vulnerabilities and other IT issues that can cause even more problems for an already disrupted business. Your clients and potential customers need to be educated on the risks of relying on employees’ mobile devices for remote work of any kind. Cloud-based voice is the best solution for maintaining business continuity when disaster strikes, whether employees are in the office or at home.
Reliable cloud-based phone and unified communications systems:
- Ensure your customers can continue to make and receive calls through the business name and telephone number via a “softphone app” that runs on any device with an internet connection.
- Have a virtual receptionist that allows callers to find the person they want via their extention or name.
- Have groups that allow customer calls to be routed to multiple employees simultaneously to maximize call answering probabilities.
- Utilize the find me / follow me feature that allows your customers’ employees to be available anytime to take business calls.
- Allow calls to be handled differently depending on whether the business is open, closed, taking lunch, or closed for a holiday. Time-of-day routing ensures that the right employees are available to answer the call, wherever they are.
These cloud-based voice benefits help ensure business continuity for your customers. Even if the physical office has to shut down and stay closed, they’ll still be able to communicate as if it were business as usual.
D3UC’s white-labeled hosted VoIP solution will give your customers the voice capabilities they need, no matter what. They can continue collaborating internally and serving customers as usual, even if the entire staff has to work from home. When you talk to your customers, the importance of cloud-based voice for business continuity should be a big part of the conversation. Contact us and start offering your VSB customers the solution they need to stay running in a crisis.